bgnewsII

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Capo de la Vela, Colombia


From the Airport Santa Marta, I went straight to Capo de la Vela, this desert paradise is located in the La Guajira peninsula of Northern Colombia.

Capo de la Vela is really in the middle of nowhere and we (me and Andy) were the only Kiters there :-) the water was beautiful but the offshore wind was very gusty :-( When the wind picked up I had around a half hour with not that bad wind and sometimes in the evening, during the afternoon was the wind too strong and gusty. Therefore I spend a lot of time in the hammock, the first day was hard but then I really enjoyed the mystical atmosphere.



It was very interesting to meet the the Wayuu, the indigenous people of La Guajira, specially that their social system is led and managed by women.